World's 1st Handheld Point-and-Shoot Full Color 3D Scanner
Fuel3D can be used by anyone who wants the abilitiy to rapidly create 3D models. Whether you are part of the maker movement, a game developer, animator, 3D artist or any other type of creative developer who uses 3D, Fuel3D is a tool for you.
Fuel3D particularly excels in the capture of objects and surfaces including:
- Skin (faces and body parts)
- Organic subjects (plants, leaves…)
- Stone, masonry, brick, wood
- Artwork (textured paintings, statues)
How it Works
When you take a picture on a conventional 3D mobile phone or digital camera you are using a technique known as stereoscopic imaging. This uses two camera viewpoints, one for each eye, to display a “3D” image on a stereoscopic screen that gives the impression of depth.
In contrast, the core technology behind Fuel3D fuses geometric and photometric sterio 3D recovery techniques and is finely tuned to capture high resolution 3D color images. This raw capability provides the opportunity for an object to be captured in true 3D geometry and full color.
Once a shot has been taken on the Fuel3D scanner the raw image data is converted into true 3D color geometrical data by proprietary software, which is included with the Fuel3D scanner.
The software generates a 3D color data file and allows some basic editing functionality prior to export:
- Trimming of unnecessary areas
- Adjusting the resolution for export, in turn reducing the polygon number for easier handling
- Exporting in commonly used 3D file formats, including .OBJ .STL and .PLY with color
Output resolution from Fuel3D varies with the distance of the system to the subject. The best achievable resolution is approximately a 250 micron sampling.
Fuel3D comes with it’s own proprietary software but many third party software packages are available for further 3D data processing beyond the basic tools you get with Fuel3D.
With the purchase of a SCANIFY you receive Fuel3D’s starter level software.
- FREE to all SCANIFY users
- 3D full color image capture
- Integrated viewfinder
- Scan cropping
- Adjustable lighting
- License valid for two devices
- Scan cropping
- Stitching up to six scans
- Edge smoothing
- Hole fixing
- Extruded volumization for 3D printing
- Unlimited stitching
- Mirror and flat volumization
- Mesh smoothing
- Plygon extrusion control
- Decimation to reduce file size